For rare marine habitats to thrive, they need to be looked after, and left alone. Ibo Island Lodge does just this! We take divers out to see just how gorgeous and unique and unusual our marine ecosystems really are. You can see untouched coral reefs, endangered species and some very strange looking sea vegetation.
The Quirimbas Archipelago is one of the remaining outposts of undeveloped paradise still on the east coast of Africa. See it now, before it is too late!
See our special Ibo Island Dive Package
We can offer you an incredible special package where you stay at the luxurious Ibo Island Lodge and get to dive every day with Dive Quirimbas, their own activity centre. Check it out:
Stay for five nights and pay only US$1 515 per person sharing! This amazing offer includes these add-ons:
- Meet and Greet in Pemba
- 4 dives (2 local and 2 far) with use of all diving equipment
- 5 night accommodation at Ibo Island Lodge in a garden facing room
- All meals (drinks excluded)
- Morning wake up coffee/tea brought to your room
- Daily transfer to a private sandbank beach
- Guided historical and cultural tours of the island
- Medical evacuation insurance
Why conserve marine biodiversity?
How can you resist this offer to see the special qualities of Ibo Island, but especially the rare marine habitats around the island. Did you know that the lodge recognizes the important role of business in the conservation of biodiversity?
- The owners employ local people from Ibo Island to assist them with the preservation of this beautiful region’s natural resources.
- And conservation education aims to reduce the impacts local people do have on threatened natural resources.
- It is vital to maintain the balance of the sensitive ecology of the Quirimbas Archipelago with the need to develop and provide comfort to tourists and jobs to locals.
- Ibo Island Lodge, Dive Quirimbas, Quirimbas National Park and the local community are working together to get an area protected. No fishing nets will be allowed here, only local Ibo fisherman with their small cascinas and lines.
Dive with the dolphins
While diving, you can book a special dolphin outing to swim with these ethereal creatures! Dive Quirimbas activity centre is very proud to be an Ethical Marine Mammal Campaigner in Mozambique and supporter of the Dolphincare code of conduct. Ibo Island Lodge aims to ensure a sustainable eco-friendly approach towards getting close to wild marine animals.
Come and see the dolphins playing in their rare marine habitat! The northern tip of Ibo Island hosts a resident pod of dolphins and the stunning lighthouse reef where divers spend hours viewing amazing marine wildlife.
Book your diving package now and we will tailor make your holiday at Ibo Island to suit your budget.