Kaya Mawa (meaning ‘maybe tomorrow in the local dialect) is located at the south of the island next to a crescent beach on the outskirts of Nkwhazi Village. Covered in Baobabs and Mango trees and surrounded by the clearest waters in the lake Likoma is the rose of Malawi.
Lake Malawi is known as the Calendar Lake stretching 365 north to south and 52 miles wide. It is Africa’s third largest lake and arguably the most beautiful. Likoma Island is approx. two thirds the way up the lake and 12km from Mozambique.
We have put together a joint itinerary with Nkwichi Lodge and Kaya Mawa – making it an unforgettable holiday experience!
|Day 1||Guests fly into Pemba *|
|Meet & greet in Pemba and connect by light aircraft to Ibo Island|
|Overnight at Ibo Island Lodge (Stay Includes: Air transfer from Pemba to Ibo Island and boat transfer to Azura Quilalea; Accommodation in a king or garden suite; All meals; Guided historical tour; Daily transfer to a private sandbank beach; Emergency medical evacuation)|
|Day 2||Overnight at Ibo Island Lodge|
|Day 3||Overnight at Ibo Island Lodge|
|Day 4||Light air transfer from Ibo Island to PembaFly LAM from Pemba Airport to Nampula AirportOvernight at Hotel Jardin Milenio (Stay Includes: Accommodation in a double or twin room and daily breakfast)|
|Day 5||Fly LAM from Nampula Airport to Lichinga AirportRoad transfer from Lichinga to CobueBoat transfer from Cobue to Nkwichi LodgeOvernight at Nkwichi Lodge (Stay Includes: Return transfers; Accommodation; All meals, tea and coffee; Laundry; Non-motorized activities)|
|Day 6||Overnight at Nkwichi Lodge|
|Day 7||Overnight at Nkwichi Lodge|
|Day 8||Boat transfer from Nkwichi to Kaya MawaOvernight at Kaya Mawa (Stay Includes: Accommodation in a standard room, All food, transfer to and from Likoma Aerodrome to Kaya Mawa, snorkelling, mountain walks, mountain bikes, kayaking and sailing)|
|Day 9||Overnight at Kaya Mawa|
|Day 10||Overnight at Kaya Mawa|
|Day 11||Light air transfer from Likoma Island to LilongweGuests fly out from Lilongwe*|
2015 ACCOMMODATION & TRANSFER PACKAGE RATES (EXCLUDING FLIGHTS)
TOTALS FOR TRAVEL WITHIN THE FOLLOWING DATES:
|Validity Dates: 01/04/2015 – 30/06/2015||$4175.00||PER PERSON SHARING|
|Validity Dates: 01/07/2015 – 31/10/201510/12/2015 – 15/01/2016||$4365.00||PER PERSON SHARING|
- All rates are quoted per person per night in US dollars (US$) Single supplements apply
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Total Rates (above) include at Ibo Island: Transfers, accommodation at Ibo Island Lodge, all meals, teas and coffees, unlimited guided tours, daily transfer to private sandbank beach, use of kayaks, EVAC medical insurance from Ibo, Mozambique VAT/IVA
- Total Rates (above) include at Nkwichi Lodge: Transfers,Full board accommodation, all meals (including tea & coffee), laundry, non-motorised activities, US$5 community bed-night levy, government taxes)
- Total Rates (above) include at Kaya Mawa: Transfers,Full board accommodation, All meals, transfer to and from Likoma Aerodrome to Kaya Mawa, non motorised activities such as snorkelling, Mountain Bikes, Kayaking & Sailing)
- Age restriction: Children are welcome at Nkwichi Lodge, Kaya Mawa & Ibo Island Lodge
- All bookings taken are subject to the full booking terms and conditions and it is assumed that the client/guest has read and understood these. A copy is available on request
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required within this period to guarantee the reservation. Until this payment has been made, the reservation cannot be guaranteed.
- The full balance due is payable 45 days prior to arrival date
- Any booking cancelled less than 45 days prior to arrival date will be charged 100% cancellation fee
- Booking payment must be via bank guaranteed cheque or bank transfer only. Credit cards are not accepted for book-ing payments
- We reserve the right to cancel any reservation without notice, should the full standard terms & conditions policy not be adhered to. A copy is available on request
- In the event of any delays or factors out of our control, we will not be held liable for any costs what so ever, and any costs incurred (e.g. any charters, road transfers, unscheduled accommodation, meals etc) must be settled directly to the third party establishments by the client.